27 January, 2016

Courteous CULTURE!

The drivers working at CMC Vellore, who come to pick up visitors from the railway station exemplify courtesy.

In the staff service rules of the Christian Medical College, the introductory statement is about being courteous. Somehow, it is a second nature to most people working in CMC. 

As I watch some drivers, whom I got to know from my personal experiences, there is an unusual spirit of spontaneity of courtesy. They surprise me all the time for their mindfulness!

When I was visiting Vellore two weeks back, one driver who drove the air conditioned bus for its inaugural run, mentioned to me that, 'we are cared for well at CMC and therefore we want to be courteous to others'!

'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you' was a statement Jesus of Nazareth made 2000 years back! It is profoundly true inspite of passage of time!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo) 

No comments:

Post a Comment