28 April, 2022

The sunrise!



This sun rays falling on the trees early in the morning on the foliage and grass on the ground  in front of our garden is a sight I like to watch! As I watch this often, the sight is most captivating when it is misty in the morning. Sometimes the sight was so dazzling that one can look at it only for a short time. 

However I like to watch this, that glowing sight lasts only for a minute or so. As the sun rises more in the horizon it becomes too bright to give this visual effect. 

Some good and engaging experiences also have a short span. 

It was a good day yesterday both at work and in the home front. But while felling a coconut palm which was showing decay at its roots, it fell on the compound  wall destroying twenty feet of it. The news arrived just before I was to be in a professional meeting. That unsettled me and made me anxious. It took the next three hours or so for me to regain from it! 

When I came home after visiting the site of destruction, I realised that when work is delegated, to others to do, it involves risk. Yet without receiving help from others one cannot carry on normally. 

The glowing sunrise and the destruction of the wall are two events of the same day. One brought enormous sense of cheer and hope. The other disappointment and reaction. 

The memory of the sunrise fades away quickly but he memory of the wall falling lasts longer!

This contrasting consciousness became my theme in the evening to ponder upon. That is when I became aware that the inner ambience determines the way we perceive events in our lives. If the inner orientation is peaceful, even a difficult or disappointment would get subsumed in it!

To carry that interior peace within as the ambience of human soul is an exercise in adult education!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)  


No comments:

Post a Comment