05 April, 2022

From fruits to Nectar!



I noticed this green Barbet settling in for nectar after visiting the papaya tree, Guava tree and Mulberry tree. Was its food for the morning or only a desert, I was not sure!

The summer months are difficult for birds. They fend for food and water. For some reason, most birds get used to feeding from bird feeders and drinking form bird bath only after other sources are exhausted. 

The crows visit our bird bath regularly and recently the Bulbuls have started.

The Ukrainian crisis has pushed people to go without food and shelter for over a month with no respite!

I sometimes wonder whether we live in a hostile world where common good is displaced by personal pursuit of success and control! 

From the little I know of the medical fraternity in and around where I work this unfriendliness is no more an exception. There is climate of mistrust and cordiality. 

Yesterday during a visit to a home, this came up for discussion. How are we to be affirmative of others and promote goodwill between people!

I kept pondering over this! How to integrate people into a spirit of collaboration and trustfulness when doubt, suspicion and envy have crept in, between health care professionals!

I keep this as a calling for myself! To spare others from any criticism as much s possible because criticising others can be an indirect way of promoting oneself!

Doing good even when marginalised is the sober way of living with fullness of purpose to see others prosper!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment