10 August, 2021






 

About a month ago, I remember pruning all the roses in our garden. Now most of them have sprouted back to life in vigour.  The bare look of the plants at that time caused me to wonder as to how long it would take for them to return to full life. 

Now that they have come back to life and the first flowers of the season have already appeared, I get a fuller view of the purpose of pruning. 



There are some plants which give flowers all through and need no pruning such as the plant below, a Moss Rose. The stems with flowers would sprout with new buds. Therefore they need no pruning. 




In the garden of life, there are those who need attention and support and some others who move on without leaning on to the external resources too much. 

I have dwelt on this theme recently because there were situations, when I felt that we would bring out our hidden resources of  resilience and direction better, when we are challenged or cornered. I have been through such a phase in my work situation when I felt less trusted or valued due to a variety of circumstances. I have had to turn my attention away from sources that I looked upto for affirmation. 

When we walk along the enforced lonely path of life, we would often be surprised by the strength and sense of direction that would emerge as we negotiate in darkness. A few insights and outcomes of such experiences are indeed refreshing. There are times, when we would find support from others whom we had not valued enough. 

Whether pruned or not, we are called to be in the garden of life with our offerings to others. 

In the recent video uploaded by the department in connection with the tenth anniversary next month, https://youtu.be/Hw8k96wFF4g I observed an enthusiasm in the department about more possibilities inspite of several restrictions that came upon us during this COVID season. 

Life becomes better when challenged and cornered!

Life evolves with a new enthusiasm when faced with challenges and adversities!

M.C.Mathew (text a photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment