13 August, 2021

The glory of nature at the golden hour!




 
I was on my way to hospital two days back, earlier than the usual time, to catch up with some pending work. I had some grief upon my mind over a few things that happened in my work place on the previous day. 

I was taken a back by a glowing plant ahead with an unusual brilliance from some parts of the plant, hanging on over the boundary wall. The brilliance interspersed with normal green appearance of a plant caught my attention. I stopped the car to catch a glimpse of this sight, but it was not visible. I got back in to the car and at one gentle turning, the sight of brilliance returned. By the time I was only out 100 meters away from the plant.  That is when I realised that the sunshine falling on the flowers made this brilliance. The clouds hid the the sunshine and that was when the radiance disappeared. 

I went beside the plant and took in the glory of these flowers in bright colours and elegant appearance. 

I stayed watching this sight till another short spell of sunshine lit these flowers to be radian in the sunshine. 

The glory of the flowers was given by the sunshine. 

I pondered over this during the rest of my drive to the hospital. 

Life itself is given, so also all relationships. They can be lit only by acts of kindness and gentle   caring towards each other. The cloud of misunderstanding, suspicion, or mistrust will keep the ambience gloomy and burdensome. 

As I was arriving in the hospital, what grew within me was a new consciousness reminding me of  the candle in my room. I often light the candle every morning as I begin my work while I take few moments of quietness to prepare for the day. For a few days, I lost this habit. When l I lit the candle on arriving at my desk, what I noticed was another sight to behold. The flowers on the desk, and the pots of plants surrounding it took a new glow in the light. The dusky look of flowers a leaves turned into something, worth looking at. 

I am given in order that I can be giving!

That helped me to begin the day differently. My expectations dropped; my desire to think of others and their needs got more central in my thinking!

The day was long! When I took my usual quiet moments during the in between times, the purpose of 'givenness' grew a little more in my consciousness. 

We are given that we can be giving! 

I look forward to let this consciousness expand within me !

M.C.Mathew(text and photo) 

No comments:

Post a Comment