18 June, 2021

Swimming with others!


I found these three ducks swimming together! There were other ducks too in small groups. There were some who were alone. 

Some swim in life alone and others along with others. 

Alone of together is a choked we often make depending own our inner resolve. 

How does one stay in the company of others! Do they have to be alike in every way to stay together to pursue a common purpose!

I remember having at least seven different groups that I was associated with for short or long time. I do not think that I feel associated with any group now. I feel associated with a group of three in pursuing the call of integrated living. It is now thirty-five weeks since we began meeting once a week for a conversation. I am associated with just two in pursuing the experience based innovation in child development. 

Having been associated with founding of five initiatives in forty five years, I sit back to consider what forms the fabric of relational journey!

Trustful openness!

To be able to reveal the thoughts to a small group is a privilege and and an opportunity! One may feel let down sometimes. But yet, it is worth taking a risk. 

I have suffered loss due to openness, but the there have been many gains as well. 

To receive others as they are and stay faithful to them involves self disclosure, confession and forgiveness! 

I find all these difficult processes. 

However the path of pursuing a purpose in life would need collaboration and consultation. I find this possible and workable. It is as much as you give space to others in this journey, people too want to stay together. 

These three ducks maintained the distance between themselves in the order we see in the photograph, during the time I watched them.

Give space and freedom! Offer acceptance. Affirm and receive initiatives. Others grow larger than we started with. Allow them to lead when the time is ready! Launch people in to their life purposes after preparing them by being in a mentoring role for a season!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)






No comments:

Post a Comment