26 June, 2021

Along the way!




I set out from home to go to the hospital where I work, 
few days back, when the sky was overcast and was about to rain. 

While on the way it started to rain heavily reducing the visibility on the road ahead.  

It was then a stanza of a hymn came to mind, 

'It's a long road to freedom,

A winding steep and high,

But when you walk in love

With the wind on your wing

And cover the earth with the songs you sing,

The miles fly by'.

To keep loving what happens within and around, is a difficult and is a trying experience. It is the Wind which carries us to keep loving. It is that experience which would allow the miles to fly by!

I confess that I am unable to love a difficult situation that crashed my hope of building a mission for the department where I work. I was confused, irritated and even felt anguished sometimes. 

At other times, what happened was, 

'I walked one morning at the dawn

When bits of night still lingered on

I sought my star, but it was gone'.

It is then we still can trust the Wind to carry us beyond our situation with a 'song in our heart and cover the earth with the songs you sing'. 

What a consolation! 

We are situationally controlled. But we are to be inwardly living. A song resides within us. The Wind raises the song to the skies. 

I shall go through dark, windy and rainy days, but the 'wind on my wings' carries me! I rest on that comfort now. But I know that I will drift again from that consciousness. That is how it will be, but good enough to trust and move on!

The Wind and the Wing need definition in our lives. 

The Wind is the presence of the consciousness of God and the Wing is the soul in which this consciousness is rooted. 

The Souls perceives the consciousness of the Wind differently, depending on the ambience of the soul. 

Humans live by being in touch with their soul, which is the filter thorough which we view and interpret the events taking place within and outside. 

We are to cover 'cover the earth with the songs we sing'. That happens when we are responsive to the Wind  in our Wing!

It is when the darkness deepens within and around us we would lean more on to the Wind in our Wing! It is a paradox. That is why God is a being larger that w can fathom, because His kindness towards us has 'no limit known to men'!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment