27 June, 2021

Singing alone to move on!





 

Most of the bird songs that I locate in our garden are from birds who are single!

It amazes me that each bird song can be heard amidst the cacophony of other birds in the morning sky.

What is in a song! A bird makes itself known through its bird song. Its species distinctiveness is made known through its singing. 

I felt moved by this consciousness while I have been through a rough and stressful terrain in my journey in the recent months. I belittled my efforts, and underscored its purpose. I had a sense of defeat after ten years of making some efforts to create a place of hope for parents and children. 

I was given the sight of some solitary birds in our garden such as the above one to remind me of bring alive to the situation and find support from others as much as it is forthcoming. Often it has been my hesitancy to solicit support and wait for it to come. Has  my impatience contributed for me to feel unsettled. 

A bird belongs to its flock. 

Every single bird is often seeking for its partner. 

Life and work become more meaningful if the ambience is constituted by like minded people by calling. 

Life is not for solo journey or solo mission! It is a pilgrim journey together with others. I get a new flavour of this through the difficulties thatI have been trough. 


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment