28 September, 2021

The evening time!





As I came to the close of the day, yesterday, I gathered the photos of the day, each giving me refreshing memories of the events of the day. 

Our memories are our companions and resources of encouragement. 

Each day has its surprises and travails. 

What helps us to see them coherently is time of reflection when we revisit memories. It is when we receive insights which we seem to have missed, when we were involved in situations sometimes in a hurry or casually, we make sense of the larger meaning of small and big events of the day. 

I remained in sense of suspense, through the day till the COVID test result of two of the staff  in the department was available at the end of the day. They were tested negative. That brought much relief. 

However the inner ambience during the day was one of suspense which dampened the fervour that I usually have for each day. 

Three families with a background dysfunctional state who came for consultation added to the state of confusion.  The loneliness and emotional trauma people carry with them became realities to reckon with!

So I needed a reflection time towards the end of the day when I could redirect my mind to realities beyond the events of the day. 

Seeing the lotus flower in a large pond at the end of the day was like bringing hope back! The white rose flower brought the message of peace. Th rose bud in the process of opening told its story of waiting to bloom. The Bulbul through its bird song announced the melody that is ever present all around us all the time. It is in God  we 'live move and have our being'! The anchor to our life is therefore is God, who is present with us all the time!

My eyes were moist as I closed the day, but hope returned to revive me!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment