14 September, 2021

Finding the nectar!







  A Loten's Sunbird, I hope I am right, finds its nectar after searching!

As I enter the tenth year of work today at the place where I am located, I felt encouraged by this bird finding its daily provision of nectar on a rainy day!

Amidst some changes taking place and opportunities still beckoning at my work place, I received this sight as a message that I shall take for being steadfast at my work place!

The way forward is by waiting to find the path ahead in difficult situations!

The Sunbird received enough in the morning hour to move on! 

What I recall of the first day at work ten years ago, is a place and people I felt called to! I feel even more now about the value and purpose of what I am engaged in! My colleagues at work express a similar sentiment and resolve. It is a day to recall many grateful experiences of the last nine years. 

I turn my thoughts to families who come searching every day to find their nectar and return home after a visit to us! They come after a long journey of searching for help and direction! Some of them are weary and many are grief stricken over the developmental challenges of their children. 

To be available to welcome those who meander in the wilderness is an opportunity! The burdens of families are too many to be sorted out instantly. But, one step at a time, if they can discover the path ahead, there is a direction for them!

I look forward to the time that is still left for me to continue in this mission!

I remember the nine years with gladness and delight and enter in to the tenth year with hope and trust for finding direction!

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment