All the five photographs above from our garden, tell the silent presence of flowers, birds, squirrel and spider, each in different sites in the garden. All of them occupy a space in the garden and live their rhythm each day!
The garden sustains life by giving itself to all those who need its shelter and provision!
Yesterday, when the Rambutan tree in our front garden was being pruned as it covered the lime bushes, I felt that we were hurting a tree that gave us fruits just a few months ago. And yet the Rambutan tree would restore its foliage shortly with greater vigour!
I happened to visit a home twice, in the morning and evening, on one day for a practical help. On both occasions, I found the person under the effect of alcohol. I sensed a gloom in the home.
I felt sad that the aspiring outlook to life of that young person is drowned in his self-gratifying habit, leaving his two adolescent children and wife in anguish!
Two senior citizens who are members of the local senior citizen's forum invited me to attend their meeting which is held once a month. They told me of the increasing alcohol dependence among younger people, making their homes a in-hospitable place !
I reflected on this contrast! The garden flourishes with its hospitable gift to all. The homes are becoming stressful places because some men have lost the vision of life in the family!
I wonder whether that is the state of the political leadership of some countries who are in war with other countries! Yesterday the prize of the Apple products of phones were announced in india. They were about thirty percent more than the price in the USA, all because of the increase in the tax tariff imposed by the USA. There are some billionaires who are after establishing Data centres to promote wider use of Artificial Intelligence to become evermore prosperous and they have monopoly to control ! A prominent democratic leader of the USA made an appeal yesterday to have a moratorium on establishing Data centres, as the AI displaces human interface and relationships.
When I watched the silent events in different parts of our garden, I was moved to discover how we are to cherish life and relationships even more!
We remain human only as much as we are relational and interdependent! That is the culture of human beings! I hope it remains so!
M.C.Mathew(text and photo)
No comments:
Post a Comment