I noticed a colourful bird flying into the thick foliage of a teak wood tree in our garden at day break today. It took a while to spot it to be an Indian pond heron in its striking plumage with dark maroon-brown back feathers, buff-brown head and neck details different from the usual. I found help from Google which suggested it to be the a breeding attire of a pond heron. Both male and female birds change their complexion during the feeding season. This change in their look from a dull earthy brown and grey look to a rich dark brown back with white plumes on the head are striking.
The above tree being beside a stream, I shall look around to see if the bird would build a nest here or in other trees! They feel comfortable to breed closer to human habitation!
That is worth looking and waiting for!
M.C.MaTHEW(TEXT AND PHOTO)
No comments:
Post a Comment