The looking habit!
The Birds at day break seem to look far into the horizon to plan for their flight paths. I feel fascinated by such sights as it speaks of the purposeful behaviour in their routine.
I noticed that Dulcie too has a habit of focussed looking! Yesterday, seeing this, I asked her questions by stringing words. When I said, 'go out'. she wagged her tail and got up. Out of about seven questions I raised, she responded to one question gesturing her intention in that look! When I took her out, she wandered in the courtyard and turned to me. When I asked, 'go in', she walked back in to the sit out and waited for me to come in!
This Bulbul above was perched at the feeding station and looking around actively and attentively planning for its next flight lap. Its body language is of action readiness.
Another Bulbul was perched in another cable resting its body and staying present to itself ! Its body language is slumber and pause!
The body language, facial gestures, the tone of voice and pace in the conversation reveal the inner state of a person! Those trained in counselling skills discern these and respond to people with an awareness of their state of mind!
How uplifting the conversations can be when we learn to listen not to the words alone but discern the 'mood' of the person whom we listen to! When we feel the inner state of person, we become more in tune with the need of person and can reach the person with words that heal, encourage and affirm.
Each person we listen to has an inner experience! True listening is to grow in the art of sensing the depth from which a person is speaking! That results in uplifting communication and appreciative relationship!
We are deeper in feeling and experience than what we normally communicate in words. To know a person, we need to go beyond what we hear a person speak bao himself or herself!
The intuitive dimension of a conversation is knowing a person in his or her depth of being!
M.C.Mathew(text and photo)
No comments:
Post a Comment