25 April, 2023

Five pigeons- different species






I do not remember finding such a collection of different Pigeons on one day during a walk! To me it was exceptional expereince!

The fourth photograph of a crested Pigeon is my first time collection. 

The colour complexion, elegant look, and exquisite movement style are their outstanding features. 

One place I saw hundreds of Pigeons at one time, in the morning and evening times, was in Trafalgar Square in London. It was a sight worth seeing again and again. That impression of the pigeons allowing to be held by visitors gave me a first hand experience about the comfort level of pigeons living and breeding near human habitations. 

Among the avians, Pigeons receive the distinction of being intelligent enough to carry letters between their beaks from one place to another.  

A military officer told me once that during the Second World war some countries had special pigeon squad for communicating urgent message of war secrets to the front line soldiers. 

I found sighting five different species on a single day, something special to remember!


 M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment