19 December, 2017

Truce and peace!


Following two months of intense canvassing for the elections in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh, with the elections results announced yesterday, I hope there would be some semblance of cordiality between opposing parties. 

I sometimes wonder whether the desperation to dominate the election politics creates hostility that becomes intolerance and hatred!

The political leaders advocate it and the visual media play upto it. The soberness required in discourse and dialogue is being lost! 

I watched these two rose flowers in our portico gently swaying in the breeze and telling me, 'this is Christmas time and it is a season of peace'. When the carol singers in North India were physically assaulted and their car burnt, one of them hurt in the assault said, 'we bring peace.. even when we are hurt'! 

There is no substitute for peace, mutual regard, compassion, kindness, service...! It is the only calling worth pursuing, no matter what is the context or setting!

To me it is a challenge because I too am impulsive ! 

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment