18 March, 2014

Another family is born!












This sight of two Magpie Robins on a dry branch of a tall tree drew my attention while on a walk. I noticed a worm in the beak of one of them. I watched this Robin flying into a hollow of the trunk of this tree and return to join its mate to fly away perhaps for collection another feed. Obviously it was the little ones in the nest that the Robin was feeding. I could hear feeble chirping from that direction, which confirmed it. 

On another walk, I watched these Robins sitting on their favourite positions and chase away a squirrel approaching the nest. They were vigilant and watching over their offspring. 

On a subsequent occasion I noticed the two little Robins stretching out into the mouth of the nest. I wish I was quick enough to capture it in my camera!

This is one of the rewards of  watching for birds and following their natural habitat and rhythm.

Between the time the birds start courtship and have the baby birds, it is a long journey for the birds. They have many challenges to overcome and, I am told that birds take their responsibility with determination to lay eggs and prepare for the little ones! 

These birds convey a special feeling of joyful waiting and intimacy between themselves!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)      

No comments:

Post a Comment