04 March, 2019

Red whiskered Bulbul




It is the first time I noticed a red whiskered Bulbul family in our garden this morning during this nesting season. I remember seeing single ones occasionally.




For many familiar birds that frequent our garden, there is enough trees for them to choose to nest.  But there is lot of activity in our garden due to workers still building the walls and doing other work. This is likely to disturb the birds in making our garden their home during the nesting season. 

I watched this pair on an 'inspection flight' to seven or so trees and finally leaving the garden across the paddy field. Till I spot them again, I shall wait in suspense.

What is special about the red whiskered Bulbul is their striking musical notes in the birdcall. I noticed both the birds give away their musical bird calls melodiously.

It is an exceptionally joyful experience to have birds nest in the garden. The birds of the air need a home. 



For the last five years, I approached three carpenters to make wooden nesting boxes to hang them on trees to attract sparrows to stay in the garden. They are yet to make them.   

What is a green unless it also home for the birds, butterflies, dragon flies!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

Photoblog: childdevelopmentashirvad.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment