26 March, 2017

Morning sight on 26th April, 2017






I was away for ten days! When I returned I found the flowering plants without flowers and even leaves. Th last but one picture shows how the plants normally look and the last one is an example of the damage!

As I went inspecting, I noticed half the life cycle of butterfly in the same plants! 

The first picture shows how the tender leaves fold up when the larvae is being formed. The next two pictures are of the larval stage. The third picture is of the in between stage of larva and pupa. The fourth and fifth pictures show the pupa in their cocoons. 

It was a fascinating sight, although I felt sad that they invaded all the flowering plants.

It is now a choice- whether to use insecticides or allow the plants to be damaged! I am thoroughly confused!  

M.C.Mathew



No comments:

Post a Comment