05 November, 2013

Flowers for the family


I have entered into the seventh week after my surgery and I feel well and refreshed. God the giver of all good gifts has been merciful!

What I have received from my family during this period is bountiful blessings of love and care!

Anna has been with me through out this period, with her gentle presence, affirming love and ever readiness to care. I was dependent on her for all my daily needs and she reached out to me  graciously and thoughtfully. The demands on her were many. The stress related to the surgery, keeping in touch with callers and visitors, making decisions, caring for me physically….I witnessed her composure, willingness and hospitality at all times. Her prayerful presence and confident approach in decision making refreshed me. She nursed me to my current state of recovery.

Amy and Arpit arrived couple days before surgery from Ludhiana. I felt touched by their kindness and presence. They took pains to make several arrangements needed before surgery. Anna felt cared for and supported by their affirming presence. Amy was the first visitor to the ICU, after I was weaned off the ventilator on the third day. Her smiling presence lifted my spirit. Arpit attended my transitional needs. He was alert with help when ever I got up at night. Amy and Arpit cheered me up immensely. It was refreshing to receive their calls, after they returned to Ludhiana. They had the appropriate words of encouragement each time they called. We feel good for them as they would soon move from their single room, which was their home for two years, into a flat in the CMC Ludhiana campus  

Aswathy and Anandit made all the arrangements for my admission at the CMC Hospital for the investigations when I felt the chest discomfort. They co-ordinated with the consultants to make plans for what was needed. After the angiogram, when surgery was planned, Anandit took the initiative to organise the practical details. Aswathy kept cheering me up and overseeing the practical needs. She would remember to ask whether I had my medicines! I was touched by their kindness and reassurance. They brought their close friends to give me some insights about the surgery and what to anticipate during the post-surgical period. Both of them watched over us during the last eight weeks of our stay at Vellore, with care and attention. They both spent most of their non-working hours with us every day. 

Anna and I are getting ready to leave Vellore shortly. 

I have experienced the self-giving love and affection of the family and I have been nourished.


M.C.Mathew (text and photo)






1 comment:

  1. Praising God for the blessing of a loving family and for your recovery. Hope you have a safe journey back !

    ReplyDelete