08 April, 2024

A cashew tree flowering for eight months!








I watched the cashew tree in our garden yesterday with an eye on the different generation of fruits. Usually the flowering season is about four months. This year, it has already extended to eight months. Even now, new cashews are seen in the blossoms !

Yes weather has changed! So the trees adapt. In fact the cashew trees thrive in hot climate. 

The earth is in a giving mode and adapts to all climate conditions! The soil is ever ready to respond to yield fruits !

However, what came to me as I watched this phenomenon, is its human equivalent. Most of us spend about 40 years in our workplaces and look forward to a break from those long years of service.

We are expected to be functioning optimally and effectively at work place. I have had conversations with people who have been in their work places for more than three decades. Some of them did mention about the weariness that has set in! Work becomes a routine and sometimes a burden!

Life and work often are viewed compartmentally. I wonder whether we can experience life at work place as an expression of our being. We have our being at home, work place, gym, and during other activities of family life!

When I was moving the grass in our lawn, I found how easy it was to use the new light weight machine, unlike the two earlier ones, which were cumbersome to use. I found myself comfortable and peaceful while engaged in that activity. After watching the neatly cut lawn with even surface, I experienced a good feeling! In fact the machine made a difference. My attitude also had changed, as earlier on, mowing was a chore and not a pleasure. Now it was made easier, by the light weight machine and the enhanced delight I find in seeing a neatly cut lawn.

The difference was more because of change within, where I found a way of being meaningfully present to the lawn and find a purpose in that!

A chore got lifted to a status of offering a purpose to feel at ease inwardly.

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


  

No comments:

Post a Comment