29 April, 2024

A wider view with a focus!





While visiting a mountain range, the landscape brought an exciting sight to behold. 

From seeing at the distance scene, when I turned to look little beyond, a  colourful tree in brown shades caught my attention. 

When I looked closer to where I was standing, I spotted two spiders resting on a flowering stem. 

From the distant to the near is a journey towards being present to the immediate situation. 

During the electioneering a national leader repeats his dream of seeing India as the largest economy in the world; now it is nearing to be the third. 

The down side of this dreamy pursuit is that millions of youth are not employed in India and this is causing distress. 

I know of families who spend their years toiling ambitiously for the financial security of their children, but not available to be a companion to them in their growing up years. The pre-school children have often found the third parent- the visual media to occupy themselves. 

I know of a father who turns to his four years old son to help him to access the u-tube site that he wants to find. 

I grieve over this paradox- parents think of the future of the children, while children need their parents to be near to them to accompany them in their social and emotional journey. 

A panorama from the mountain top is a desirable experience; what is of contemporary value is focussed attention to the immediate context of the growing needs of children. 

I almost missed spotting the tiny spiders; the landscape captured me. 

Let me say to young parents. What you are not or cannot be to your children during their pre-school years, make parenting incomplete and leave children in a void without intimate relationships. essential to their personal formation !

I heard one parent say recently, about their pre-teenage daughter: 'We do not know our daughter enough. Is it because we left her with her grandparents from the age of 2 years till 12 years'?


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment