23 January, 2024

Wind bathing!





 

Some birds have a delightful time when it is strongly windy. They move to locations where they can experience the swinging movements in the wind. 

I noticed a Wagtail, in its delightful swaying movements in the current of a strong wind yesterday evening! Even the cable was moving sideways. 

I am not sure whether the fluffed appearance was because, the wind caused the feathers to be raised or bird's own doing to groom the feathers!

I found this wind bath worth watching! A bird seems to find pleasure in such small experiences. 

One does not need a lot to feel delighted about. Small experiences can do it!

Seeking for pleasure, having become a habit, this bird brings a message to feel good about what is given and would be given ! 

A child on her way to school, around 12 years of age I presume, seeing me walking with a bag, asked me, 'Is it heavy? Can I help you?' She was a stranger and surprised me with her offer of help. I felt overjoyed by the  sense of social consciousness that she carried with her. The road to the market and the school bifurcated because of which I could not have any conversation with her. Her thoughtfulness and the expression of kindness was a balm of comfort on my soul, bringing a warm feeling about homes where children are brought experiencing mindfulness towards others.  

It was an occasion of experiencing human goodness and receiving a message of hope about one more person following the path to be a Good Samaritan. 


M.C.Mathew (text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment