20 July, 2014

Candles for a birthday!



It was touching to receive a birthday greeting card form my colleagues in the department, where each  of them painted a candle on the card with a one word wish! The colours given to the candle made me feel that they captured the themes in my life and offered to portray it as vividly as possible. It is a delight when one’s colleagues can speak into one’s life gently and creatively! 

A candle has a life. Similarly life itself has a chronology of years. 

The years which get added to our lives bring the richness of experiences. Those experiences weave the inner fabric of our being. 

As I continue meditating on the mosaic of the colours given to the candles, I am reminded of the major events of the year that has gone by.

One event of significance was my illness, operation and recovery. I now live a life given to me as an extension! 

I have a growing consciousness of the quality of life that I experience now since the surgery. There is physical and inner well being which give a new outlook and perspective to life! I wish this sense of gratefulness has been my attitude in the past as well !

The candles speak to me- life is for giving light!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo) 

No comments:

Post a Comment