31 December, 2012

YEAR 2013

Anna and I would love send you greetings and good wishes on the occasion of the new year for an encouraging journey of life.

This picture presents everything inviting for the festivity of the occasion to usher in the new year.  It is indeed appropriate to do it because life is a gift and it needs celebration. 

However, this picture reveals only a little bit of the interior of a large room, from the outside 

So it is with the new year of 12 months. Whatever may be our age, we would cross one more year in our chronological journey of ageing during this coming year. And yet, all of us would only know very little of the volume of experiences awaiting us as we approach the new year. 

What do we do when we are called to enter the threshold of the new year with very little of it made known to us. 

A child of five years, when he was asked how he would like to celebrate his next birthday, he replied instantly, 'with a pony ride'. 'Why pony', I asked him. He said, 'pony would carry me and I do not have to walk'.

This became a new year message to Anna and myself. We too would like to have an experience of being carried, by trusting Jesus of Nazareth, who said, 'come to me..'' and 'follow me' . This is a good enough reason to trust that everything of the year ahead, beyond the immediate visibility, will work out well for us, as Jesus of Nazareth shall carry us in this journey. I hope we will be able to keep 'trusting', which is our side of the commitment.

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)  

No comments:

Post a Comment