24 June, 2018

What next!


This is a decisive moment for this child-to climb the chair or go to the wall mounted peg board! I have watched this dilemma many children go through during the last three years since I use this room for welcoming children during consultation.  

In a moment or two the decision is made and children would do either of the two!

The decisive moments are often ultrashort. So what we decide is not an instantaneous choice but a choice conditioned by our habits or orientation. A child who explores and is fascinated by an adventure spirit would climb the chair and another child who is fond of exploring with hands would choose the peg board!

The choice is pre-existent in the mind !

It is for this reason, as adults we are wise if we have a periodic audit of our mindset! 

Yesterday,  I was reminded of this once again! Others do know the way we think and act! They view us from their pre-existing impressions of our attitudes and behaviour! This is the way we tend to become stereotypical.

Humans have the ability to revise and reflect and grow in creativity! I wish I was different from what I was a month back in my attitude to different situations!  If that were to happen, then I am growing through transformation!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo) 

No comments:

Post a Comment