28 June, 2018

Swimming under or looking ahead!


The penguins swim under water and above water. As Ann and I watched this sight recently I felt fascinated by its rhythm. They swim for a while under water and then swim on the surface !

Recently along time friend called me and asked me, 'Have you gone under water. We do not see or hear about you..'! 

Ever since I turned sixty, I did decrease my personal correspondence or telephone calls. I did that deliberately to have a closer view of the canvas of my life. If we do not look at the canopy of one's life periodically, one can live detached. After one year of reflection, I returned to the scene of life and lived visibly and interactively.

The life events of the last nine years brought another tertian of relationships and engagements, most of which enlarged my life by resetting the boundary of engagements. 

Every journey has its hazards. I too had my share of it in the recent 24 months. 

Penguins swim under water because it is its nature. It swims on the surface of the water when it is purpose driven! 

It is good for us to retreat into solitude periodically because it is our nature to do so. Return from solitude when we are refreshed to pursue a purpose !

The rhythm of life is contemplation (solitude) and action ( work) !

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment