28 June, 2018

Shelter of hiddness!




I watched a flutter on a tree about two hundred meters away! I could not see anything till I clicked and watched the photo in zoom. So I decided to wait to see the bird which I thought was a pigeon. I wondered whether it was nesting there! An half an hour wait seemed a short time as it was to end the suspense!

Yes, it was a grey coloured pigeon with white streaks in the neck and hues of brown on the beaks.

This scene carried a message for me. There are times, when staying hidden is a necessary dimension of living!

It is an occasion for reflection, recovery and preparation. The pause between inspiration and expiration alludes to this. Between actions there is to be a pause for rest! 

Some people live hidden for long or short periods of life. Jesus of Nazareth spent forty days and night  hidden according to the narrative in the gospel. 

Anna and I have had experiences of staying hidden for one month at a time in an inaccessible village, along with few others to be in retreat led by Dr Hans Burki. That was our first introduction to treasure periods of hiddenness for personal growth and renewal!  

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)    


No comments:

Post a Comment