15 June, 2018

Marks and scars!


I have been surprised to see the barks of some trees showing the ageing process while Ann and I were on  walk through the woods recently. 

They bear the marks of years of surviving different seasons! 

They are not scars of existence because the trees are fully alive with their multiple branches reaching out to the sky!

When I listened to a family yesterday, I heard their story of living with their 14 years son who has hemiplegia. He is at school trying to cope with some formal learning! 

However almost every day he raises a question with his family, 'why am I like this'!

I wonder whether we are conscious of the scars that we and others carry on account of our experiences because of which we feel reduced from the fullness of life and living! 

I was moved to listen to the story of this parents as to how they have been faithful and affirming because fo which their son is coping with the scars of life!

I have begun to think even more now, how can I be a  gift of being a companion to others who feel downcast by the scars of their experiences !

M.C.Mathew (photo and text)

No comments:

Post a Comment