24 June, 2018

Battered by rain!


Although the rose plants in our garden have flowers, they have a reduced appearance with no fragrance during the rainy season! They last only couple of days. Even the plants look different and battered. 

The month of June is the beginning of monsoon and would go on till August. During this year, we were hit with lightning. W have had to replace a water heater, inverter, switches, lights, fans and repair TV, computer....etc. 

The monsoon gives a refreshing season after the summer heat! However it has its downside as well. 

As I prepare myself to enter into the seventh decade of my life, I have taken time to reflect on life events. All the events have had this blend of mixed experiences. 

It is good to look at one's life kindly and soberly. Life brings to us fullness in some measure. As the sunshine falls on the lawn in front while I write this, after a week of rain, it awakens within me a refreshing experience of life. The sunshine and rain are both meaningful experiences of life!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment