16 June, 2018

One stem and several branches


I come across many people who are single minded. I am amazed at their passion and pursuit of what they want to do. They are achievers and trendsetters.

But what about some others who are multi-taskers! 

I have been photographing trees recently. There are trees with with one stem with small branches sprouting at different heights. There are trees like this where all the branches sprout from one place. Often the stem might have been cut to allow the multiple branches to emerge. 

The stem suffered trauma when it was cut but  responded by giving forth multiple branches. 

What a sight and thought!

How do we respond to traumatic experiences in life! Do we give in and live subdued and deprived! Or move on to live even more abundantly. 

I have been through a traumatic experience in my involvement with an organisation when made to feel unwelcome! During the last 18 months of recovery, I can feel within me a new urge and call to move on and be content and resourceful! Not that I do not feel the pain, but the joy of living and call of serving seem to invite me !

It is on such occasions one can experience the strength and wellness beyond one can generate  for oneself! It originated in God who is the giver of all good gifts!   

M.C.Mathew

No comments:

Post a Comment