28 June, 2018

Six decades and seven Phases in life!


I noticed seven phases between a bud and flower in this bunch of flowers. 

That held my attention for the last six weeks! 

What have been the phases in my life! Although I have been familiar with  the seven stages of life proposed by Erickson, I felt the need to contextualise them to my life. Let me share the phases that I have become aware of, while meditating on the six decades of my life!

The first phase during the school years was a season of conforming. The early years in college was a phase of looking beyond. The latter years at college were the phase of embracing the dichotomy. The immediate season after marriage was a journey into inwardness. The fifth season spread over to the mid life was finding a way of being and becoming. Then followed the season of searching for collective consciousness. The seventh season has been one of wondering at life. 

As these themes emerge in my life, the biographical sketches are already being formed within me. 

Life is unlikely to be mono-thematic to anyone who pauses to reflect on life events. 

As I watched the flowers in this photo sway in the gentle breeze of the morning and the sunshine brightening the meadow, I too felt that the sunshine was falling on me and the breeze was carassing my soul.    

We are created beings to behold the mystery of the Creator God and stay wondering at our own personal mystery!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo) 

No comments:

Post a Comment