08 February, 2017

Early morning sight!


Cattle farming as a source of income is still popular in rural areas in the place where we live! We get our daily supply of milk from our neighbour who has three cows and several goats. 

It is a common sight to see the cows being led to the fields where they would graze during the day. 

I have vivid memories of my parents do the same when they were young. In fact one my favourite holiday activities was to take care of the cows and manually milk them in the morning and evening!

As I look back over those years when I had a close encounter with the demands of living in a farm, I feel grateful. To live close to nature and feed on the produce of the land have a special charm!

When we harvest papaya, pine apple, banana, custard apple, mango, jack fruit etc from our farm, there is a special feeling of gratefulness of receiving fruits from the earth! The earth was created for us to 'till and cultivate' according to the Genesis account of creation!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment