09 August, 2015

Another way of exercising!

As I watched this young man exercise by jogging several rounds in the morning with a bag hanging over his back, I presumed that he is serious about his exercise. Later some body who have seen him almost everyday do this mentioned to me that he is competing for state level athletics meet. 

I came across a retired professor of medicine exercise with weights strapped to his thigh. 

The exercise regimen to enhance physical endurance and cardiac tolerance is taking all forms of exploration!

I realised from my experience that with minimum effort it is possible to cover about 5000 foot steps in  a day which might be equivalent to about three kilometres or so. 

One way of doing it is to take a walk for ten minutes every two hours while at work, if possible climb stairs as sell during this. in any case movement during working hours has become a good practice to refresh our body and relax our mind. 

One big advantage of movement is that it restores the physiology of the body by better blood circulation and destressing the muscles. 

I have found it useful to invite friends to walk with me when they want to have conversation!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo) 

No comments:

Post a Comment