12 July, 2018

What is in a design!


This was the design of all the three windows facing the altar in a church, which Anna and I visited!

I returned a few times to look at this design during the short time we were in the church! Among the many details which call for meditation, what still stays on in my thoughts is the green coloured design of the leaves in the glass! To me they represented the mission of the church of becoming the  'Vine and branches' out in the world! 

It is a good icon for a church! To be present in the world incarnationally to communicate what Jesus of Nazareth said, 'I am the Vine and you are the branches' is  the calling every Church!

We go to worship on Sundays to the sanctuary to return with a reminder of this calling!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo) 

No comments:

Post a Comment