28 July, 2018

Midnight celestial dance through 800 mm lens!









Anna woke me up around midnight to watch this sight of the spectacular lunar eclipse...I could have gone on for longer time to wait for its final, but for sleepiness overcoming me! 

It was an occasion to appreciate the transition form light to darkness! In that transition, so much happened. The Mars, adjacent to the moon, which I could not capture, as the magnified lens could not include it in the visual field, too had acquired a red glow!

I struggled a bit to focus with the weight of the lens. I wish I had planned ahead to have the camera mounted on a tripod! 

However, to watch and participate in the transition in nature was a awe inspiring experience! Now there is an enhanced consciousness of the mystery of the universe and an experience of the joy of living each of us is given! How blessed by we are to receive the abundance of sights and scenes in nature! 

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment