19 July, 2018

A new look to our conference room!







Thanks to my colleagues who spent hours getting the last six years of the department of developmental paediatrics and child neurology summarised in 11 bulletin boards during this week. I felt touched by their enthusiasm and creativity ! Every year we have had contacts with about three thousand families and their children! From a small beginning in 2012 to where we are is a story of much encouragement!

It is only when we pause we can discover the significance of the small things we were able to do and their outcome, which was more than we imagined! My colleagues reminded me yesterday that the majority of children who come to visit us with their neuro-developmental needs are pre-school children. I wish this would further change with more infants and toddlers coming so that there is greater prospect of modifiability of their developmental trajectory!

As I recall, there has been something or the other which was refreshing and promising, happening within the department, because of which we felt encouraged to go on thus far! There were seven marriages of our colleagues! That itself is a reason to celebrate!

It was a worthwhile period of growth even for me in understanding the joy of working collaboratively!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment