23 February, 2019

Flight ready!






Birds are flight ready all the time.   They displace themselves from one environment to the other  to stay secure and to fend for themselves.

They suspend themselves in the air as high as it is needed and move between places. This is their life style. They move and live!

One of the challenges we face is the fear of dislocation. We get conditioned to our circumstances and routines. 

Yesterday, I felt the pressure to do something I was most uncomfortable to do ethically. I was made to feel not being considerate. 

I reflected over this dialogue and embarrassing conversation while on way back home. 

What disturbed me was the pressure that comes upon us sometimes to conform and lose our freedom to live in resonance with the voice from within. 

In a conversation with someone who felt my stress, I discovered that it is the way of life that we need to get used to.

There is pressure upon us to live the way others prescribe for us. 

As I returned home in the evening feeling the heaviness of the difficult conversations, I stopped at a wetland to watch the waterbirds. It was an experience which helped me to get back to my mooring- live in the freedom to choose when ethics or ethos is at stake!

Sometimes the environment makes us feel vulnerable to the pressures that comes upon us, as public opinion is to choose the easy way.

As I watched this bird soar high in the air, I wondered what made that bird make this hasty flight! As far as I could sense, there was nothing in the immediate environment which was threatening for it to fly away. The bird moved at its own volition. It felt that its time had come to move on, while other water birds stayed on in the wetland! It chose its own time and path. 

The inner sense of right or wrong is always present with us. We can either ignore it or choose it volitionally to live inwardly guided!

The least we can do to ourselves is to grow in the intent to do good and follow the path of righteousness!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)




No comments:

Post a Comment