25 September, 2013

Another season in my life

This Banyan tree is the immediate sight I have before me while looking out of the room where I stay now temporarily. It stands majestic in the corner of a road leading to the new sunset avenue apartments in the Christian Medical College campus, Vellore 

This tree has history of of 100 years or more, spreading its branches over a wide area giving shade and shelter for many birds during the night. It is well supported in the soil, which is self evident from the picture. 

Tis sight has had a refreshing impact one me. I am currently convalescing after a major surgery and although I feel stronger and better with each passing day, there are times, when wandering and worrying thoughts interrupt my rest.

This tree is well known to survive all seasons and odds. It strengthens itself by its roots that are spread out widely in the soil  reaching out to several meters below the ground.

This tree has become a symbol to me of life in its fullness. 

I felt strengthened by a verse from the book of Psalms 41.3 from the time I was being prepared for surgery two weeks back. 'The Lord will sustain him upon his sickbed; in his illness Thou dost restore him to health'. It became a refrain in my soul, during the stay in the intensive care and hospital ward. I am deeply grateful for the blessings the Bible passages bring to us at times of our personal needs. 

I feel I am awakened to a new level of consciousness of realities of life and the gift of life.

M.C.Mathew(picture and photo)    

  







1 comment:

  1. Keeping you in prayers Uncle that God will strengthen you and restore you. You are thought of and prayed for dearly! Missed your blogposts. Love and Regards to Aunty.

    ReplyDelete