04 August, 2019

Visitors on a Sunday!






I am at a loss when I watch new birds in our garden. Although I have few books, I fail to recognise some of them!

The two birds above were not sighed earlier in the garden. I would have probably missed them as I do not take time every day in the golden hours to look for them. 

For some, bird identification is a hobby. The bird photographers are those who are passionate to sight and take pictures of as many as they can. I have a friend who have sighted all the 12 species of Kingfishers in India and made a calendar of 'National geography' quality pictures of them. 

Often friends ask me about my interest in birds. 

I have interest in birds, butterflies, dragon flies, street scenes, children, human faces, etc. 

My orientation is to receive a message or insight from them. My photographic skills are elementary. I have therefore not valued the pictures more than the message I can receive from them. 

Nature is a repository of enormous sights and scenes. To feel drawn by them rather than looking at them is a growing desire for me! 

If you can identify for me these two birds, I shall more than pleased! 

M.C.Mathew (text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment