15 August, 2019

Birds got the papaya ahead of me!







I have story about two tree pie birds.

At noon today, I noticed that a papaya fruit is ripe to be plucked. I got a pole with a hook to pluck and went underneath the tree only to find that one side of the papaya fruit was already eaten by birds or squirrels. 

I looked around to spot any birds or squirrels. I noticed a pair of tree pie birds perched in an adjoining neem tree. I presumed that it might be their halt in between their feed of papaya. 

I decided to wait to see if they returned to the fruit. 

After fifteen minutes or so the male bird reached out to the fruit for the next round of feed. It flew away to the adjacent teak tree after a sumptuous meal. Soon the female bird arrived for her turn. She seems to feed delightfully for a longer time. 

I was glad to have found at least one set of invaders!

I was  even more glad that the birds had found the papaya in our garden as it becomes an incentive for them stay around in our garden for at least few more days.

It is not a common to be able to sight a bird family during their feeding ritual. I was immensely grateful for the reward at the end of a long wait.

Bird watching creates an un-hurried pace in one's rhythm of life.

Some of the good things in life come to us only by waiting.  Think of a woman waiting for nine months for her child to arrive! Waiting brings an orientation of patience.

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment