11 August, 2019

A still Bird!


I got up anxious and agitated on last Friday! 

After waiting for ten hours from 4pm the previous day at the air port, to catch a return flight home, the announcement came at midnight that the flight was cancelled due to water entering the runway at the Kochi air port.

As the fall had caused disruption of rail and road traffic, I felt stranded!

While having breakfast, when I looked outside, I watched this Mina, perched on this post in stillness all through the time I took time for the breakfast.  

The composure and the body language even in a drizzle was immensely comforting to me. 

It kept looking into the horizon and did not seem to be concerned by the clouds gathering and the threat of an imminent rain. Except that it did not give away any bird call, everything about the bird was unusually normal.

I felt stranded with no definite ideas to find a way to reach home, although the bird did not seem to be perturbed by the cloudy weather. 

Later when Dr Gift helped me to get a taxi to go home, I felt provided for!

The Mina was a messenger of encouragement and assurance ! It was perched on a store pole!

Those of us who recover our faith through prayer are also susceptible to the stress of the unexpected. And yet, we too are anchored and provided for!

When I reached home near midnight that day, I was glad to have had watched the Mina, to travel with ease and reduced anxiety!

The surprise provisions are angelic visitations in our lives!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)




No comments:

Post a Comment