28 August, 2019

Resident or a visitor!


When I spotted a White winged Black Tit in our garden, I felt that more sparrows might be around in our garden. The white winged black Tit is different from the grey Tit, that it has a grater musical quality to its bird calls, with a whistling tone, 'tee who whee'. Their nesting season is from May to August.

That is why I wondered whether it was just a visitor and not a resident in the garden!

As they are small in size, it is the movement of the leaves in a tree which helped me to spot it. Later it   rested on a dry stem between its flight stations, which gave me an opportunity to take its photograph in a cloudy morning from a distance a bout 200 meters.

The well groomed feathers with the contrasting colours and a glistening body makes it a beautiful bird to watch and listen to!

The garden is a place of plenty of new experiences.

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment