18 August, 2019

Near but not together!



I spotted these two red whiskered Bulbuls in two sites not far from each other today. It was their bird call that alerted me and made me search for them. 

I am not sure whether they are courting as yet!

Their bird calls are 'joyous querulous notes.. musical and distinguishable' from the ruby throated Bulbuls.

The musical tone to their calls has a crescendo pattern and the calls last a few seconds.

As red whiskered Bulbuls are comfortable to nest near human habitation, I wish a pair would nest in our garden !

A birder told me that some birds respond to human whistling! I have not succeeded to do that even after trying for a while. 

Make the garden bird friendly- this is my current mission!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment