27 August, 2019

A night sight!


I watched this dragon fly on the electric cable restfully perched in a moon lit night in our courtyard!

Day or night, the dragon flies spend a lot of time in this restful position, sometimes the wings down and other times spread out ready for flight.

I know now from sighting many dragon flies in our garden, that they are the feeds for sparrows, flycatchers, Barbets, etc.

Having watched these birds hunt for them, I an delighted when I spot a dragon fly in our garden who has survived the predators.

The design of their body and the filamentous wings with their exquisite art work create within me  sense of wonder! 

Nature is a paradise for those who have 'eyes to see and ears to hear'! The sights and sounds around our cottage give us a feeling that we are surrounded by hosts of friends, who visit and and sing for us!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment