03 January, 2018

Strangers becoming friends!


I was amazed at the way Daffney, who takes a while to play with strangers became tamed in no time with two children who visited us for the first time! It is unusual for children to be so spontaneous to make a dog feel cared for and for the dog to reciprocate admirably!

Humans are destined for affirming communication! When that happens, resistance fades away!

While being involved with a group of students recently, I realised how occupied they were to be possessive and defensive of their behaviour! When I received messages from three friends who sent me Pope Francis's new year appeal, I realised how powerful is the transforming effect of the two word phrase, 'I am sorry'! And yet, it is the last thought that comes to me in difficult circumstances!

I summarised recently my involvement with an organisation for four years, which made me aware of how much I owe to say 'sorry' or 'thank you' to some people. When I sent out seventy or  so mails, I felt a new experience of wellness dawning on me! 

Fellowship in friendship is the natural way to live in mutuality !

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment