27 August, 2024

Flowers for the Sunbird !

 






I was in the garden yesterday visiting the flowers, which appeared brighter and healthier after a prolonged season of rain and wind. 

I noticed a Sunbird flying between flowers for its nectar and settling for an ultrashort time in a perch, before swiftly flying away! During  the perch its songful posture communicated an unusual delight!

The ants, bees, butterfly and Sunbird are the usual visitors to flowers. All of them return satisfied and fed. 

I get about five telephone calls and five messages a day from people whom I know. That is the only contact I have with them for weeks.  

I pondered over the conversation time and messaging time. How much I am present to make the conversation or messaging fulfilling and soulful!

The telephone call or message is a visit a person makes in search of an information, clarification or to bring greetings. To receive them cordially and respond thoughtfully would be a way of reciprocating the visit of the person with gratitude!

The flowers are open to all their visitors. 

Being open and giving is one way of being present and near to those who visit!


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment