24 November, 2020

The tender leaves!


I look forward to this sight every year in our garden. 

The tender leaves appearing by this time of the year in the Mango trees would hopefully be the prelude to the mango tree flowering. I have noticed some mango trees already with flowers on the road sides. Some vegetable shops sell mango, which people buy to make pickle.

The tender leaves would be normally followed by flowers. But it need not be so in some trees. I explored this with an experienced farmer. According to him, most of the varieties of mango saplings we get in the farms are meant for more dry climate. The mango trees which flower every year are those who are native saplings. 

The climatic environment and soil conditions influence the mango trees. 

I was listening to a visitor yesterday. He mentioned to me about what happens in his office. There are a few groups in his office fo about forty people who have allegiance to their group leaders and not to the vision of the office which looks after the farming operations in this region. To me it sounded as a divided office. 

I too feel that it is one reason why the collective outcome is less than the cumulative efforts of those working together. What is it which causes divisions among us at work place! I have pondered over it a lot recently! When there are tensions, it is necessary to view as them normal and continue caring for each other to the extent possible. To live in peace as much as possible with each other without being critical or provocative cam be a balm of comfort.  

The human instinct is to be sociable. I feel it tis necessary to build on that whenever possible and be appreciative of every effort to make connections with each other. Yesterday a colleague brought a knitting she did, which gave an opportunity to share in the joy of her art work. A small act of being in touch, but significant enough to revive the spirit of togetherness!

I feel grateful for so many acts of kindness I witness in my work place. 

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)





No comments:

Post a Comment