22 November, 2020

A symbolic Photo !


I noticed this pair of Redvented Bulbul in the same branch of a tree, on a few occasions during the last three months. I looked around for its nest but could not spot that. 

Their composure, elegance and alertness fascinated me. 

I spotted a younger pair recently in our courtyard. 

I have longed to see our garden becoming a garden of avian families. During this year, I noticed forty two species of birds in our garden out of which at least 20 are regular visitors or residents. 

What is special about birds who frequently visit the garden! It is a sign of comfort zone for them. 

I have recently thought about the challenge of making the department where I work a comfort zone for my colleagues. I have recognised that it is not so for some. Especially after only half of the staff is present at one time due to the restrictions imposed by the management, it is even more difficult to make the atmosphere even for every one. 

A work place when not a comfort zone, the work ambience gets monotonous and less relational. I have experienced this in the recent months. 

What is that which makes the work place a comfort zone-trust, mutuality, consideration fo reach other and space for creativity...!

I feel that, as one gets older, there is more natural alienation from others. The young people find less conversational topics with older people and the older ones choose their  areas of interest to pursue. 

I feel the pain of uneven work ambience for the team. I knew it was gradually turning to be less comfortable to be at home for some at least.. The Christmas cheer preparation which provide an enthusiastic level of collective engagement was an equaliser each year. This year that too is suspended due to the pandemic of COVID 19.

I keep pondering over the issue: What has changed in my attitude and responses! I know if change can start with me, it might be helpful. Keeping a team together was at one time, I thought, was my strength, but it is otherwise now! 


M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment