20 November, 2020

Becoming familiar !

                                          


Both these birds took time to get familiar with each other in our garden!

The black headed Oriole was a new arrival in our garden. The strangers, but they have their way of  communicating!

What surprised me most was that the territorial claims most birds demonstrate aggressively, was not present between them.  There was no fear of each other. 

The logo of MOSC Medical college, where Anna and I work is, 'Fear not, only believe'! Yesterday I heard a senior colleague talk about fear that resides in our consciousness. I too carry that fear!

Friendship ought to dispel fear. It is trust that affirms belonging. When I know that I will be kindly dealt with when I make an error of judgement, I am less overcome by fear. Is not acceptance one way of reducing the dominance of fear!

A domestic worker told me that he works faithfully and receives all comments good or bad equally.  He does it because, he feels that fear increases the stress level. His way of being kind to himself is by praying for those who are not kind or courteous. He looks out for people who suffer on account of stress at work place and listen to them attentively. He is a companion to others to help them live beyond the plane of fear! He spends most of the day thinking of others who suffer! What an attitude worth celebrating!

The daily living when is in the plane of hope and trust, there is peace and openness. I ask myself: what is in my temperament which is far inducing!

M.C. Mathew (text and photo)






No comments:

Post a Comment