09 November, 2020

Staying in touch with each other!


I watched this Barbet and Magpie Robin in silent conversation with each other at a distance of about twenty five meters from each other. There is depth in silent communication. 

We live in a noisy world, where we compete with each other to speak and be heard. Silence is also a means of communication. 

I watched a mother sunbathing her four months old baby, with the baby on her lap and the mother fixed her face on the baby. All that mattered for the baby and mother at that time was beholding each other in silence. As I watched this, I was moved because, what held them in that sustained gazing was love for each other, which created the sense of belonging!

I had a similar feeling when these two birds were also in a similar gaze till a crow disturbed the Magpie Robin. 

It is from silence within ourselves, we receive openness to receive and hear others with regard, patience and trust.  

Oh, that we would not lose trust in each other! President Donald Trump lost his trust in his system of national election because of which he is knocking at the courts. A betrayal of trust!
The Church communities in Kerala, the Orthodox and the Jacobites seem to have lsat trust in each other because of which the feud between them is evading a settlement. 

It is when we can see each other as those who are loved by God, we can move towards each other in respect and appreciation, which is what would build trust and acceptance!  

I have struggled with this a lot in the recent months. How much to let go to create an ambience of trust! For reason not known to me until now, the story of a boy who gave his food packet of five loaves two fish to Jesus of nazareth when Jesus was looking for food to feed five thousand people in a desert, about which we read in the Gospels, has come to me even in my dreams recently. 

What is that I am holding on! I am on this discovery journey of late!

M.C.Mathew(text and photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment